Confused about all of the different bets that are offered in roulette? There are dozens of different options available to players, each of which comes with different odds and payouts. Here’s a quick rundown of the different bets you might make while playing roulette.
To get a better understanding of the various bets made in roulette, we recommend that you visit the 888 Instant play Roulette while reading the rest of this article(it’s free).
Outside bets are the best that are made on the “outside” sections of the roulette table – that is, the area outside of where the numbers are printed. These bets typically cover large segments of the board at one time, and pay off at relatively low odds. At most casinos, any single bet on the outside must be for at least the table minimum.
The outside bets available to players are as follows:
- Red/Black: This bet wins if the ball lands on a number of the corresponding color. Winning bets pay even money.
- Odd/Even: This bet wins if the ball lands on an odd or even number, respectively. If you win, the bet pays even money.
- 1-18/19-36: Another bet that pays even money if you win, this bet pays out if the ball lands in the corresponding number range.
- Dozens: This bet allows you to bet on any “third” of the range of numbers on the roulette wheel (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36). This bet pays 2-1 if the ball lands in the specified range.
- Columns: Like the dozens bet, the columns bet covers 12 numbers. However, this bet covers one of the three columns of numbers on the board. Again, this bet pays 2-1 if you win.
Inside bets are those bets placed on the numbers on the “inside” of the roulette table. These bets allow you to bet on a single number or small groups of numbers. These are the higher paying bets that are more difficult to hit. At most casinos, the total of all your inside bets must equal the table minimum; however, individual inside bets can be for less.
The inside bets available to players are as follows:
- Single Number: This bet covers a single number, and can be made by placing your chips directly on that number on the table. If that number is hit, this bet pays 35-1.
- Split: This bet covers any two numbers that are next to each other on the roulette table. It can be made by placing your chips on the line between those two numbers. This bet pays 17-1.
- Street: This bet covers three numbers on the same row on the roulette table. You can make this bet by putting your chips on the line at the side of the row you wish to bet on. If any of those three numbers is hit on the next spin, you’ll win at 11-1 odds.
- Corner: This bet covers four numbers in a square pattern on the roulette table. You can make this bet by putting your chips on the intersection of the four numbers. This bet pays out 8-1 win any of the four numbers are hit.
- Six Line: This bet covers six different numbers on a roulette table – two adjacent rows of three numbers. This bet is made by placing your chips on the side line at the intersection between the two rows you wish to bet on. If you win this bet, you’ll be paid 5-1 odds.
On American roulette tables, there is also the “Top Line” bet, which covers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. This bet pays 6-1.
On some European roulette tables, there are “French Bets” that are offered. These bets are actually made up of the bets above, in combinations that cover certain areas of the wheel. For instance, voisins du zero (neighbors of zero) is designed to cover all of the numbers that surround the zero on the wheel, and requires nine chips to cover all the appropriate numbers in various ways.
At 888 Casino you can place all of the above mentioned bets and get a welcome package of up to €900! Play Roulette now!